The typical scenario goes like this… Your kids have reached the age where they have outgrown their crib, but you don’t have enough space in your room or your budget to invest in a full-size bed. Solution? Turn it into a floor bed!
In this article, we’ll teach you how to turn an infant or toddler’s crib into a floor bed so your kids can keep sleeping in their beds while you save money and still have plenty of space!
How To Turn A Crib Into A Floor Bed?
There’s no need to wait until you’re out of the crib phase to start using your baby as a bed. By learning how to turn your crib into a floor bed, you can have your baby in the same room as you and still get a good night’s sleep.
This article section will show you how to create a floor bed that works for you and your baby. We’ll walk through each process step, starting with ensuring you have all the parts on hand before getting started.
Here’s What You Need To Do:
- Take off the mattress and box spring
- Remove any loose boards on the crib base that are not attached to the crib
- Remove all hardware from the corners of your crib base (you will need a hammer and a Phillips screwdriver)
- Unscrew all hardware on your crib base (you will need a Phillips screwdriver and maybe some pliers)
- Remove the legs from your crib base (you will need a Phillips screwdriver and maybe some pliers for this part)
- Cut off any excess material around your crib base, so it is just wide enough to fit your mattress/box spring back in place
How To Turn A Crib Into A Full Size Bed?
Do you want to turn a crib into a full-sized bed? If so, it’s not as hard as you might think. Here’s how to do it:
- Measure the space where you want your new bed to go.
- Find the right size crib for your child/children and buy it! If you’re buying new, make sure it has safety features like rails and hooks where they can’t fall out of the bed.
- Remove all the pieces from your old crib—you don’t need them anymore! You’ll need some platform or box on top of which to put the new mattress and other pieces (pillows, comforter, etc.).
- Put up the new platform/box (which should come with instructions) and attach any hardware that comes with it (if necessary). This can be done by yourself or with help from someone who knows what they’re doing (like an electrician).
- Put on the mattress and pillows/comforter (if necessary).
How To Turn A Crib Into A Desk?
Turning a crib into a desk is a great way to get more out of your space and make your home feel even more like you. Here are four easy steps to follow to turn your crib into a desk:
- Measure the distance between each of the sides of the crib.
- Add 3 inches on each side, which means you will have a total length of 6 feet, 2 inches. This can vary depending on what age the child needs it for and how you want to set up your desk chair.
- Cut the side panels out of plywood or hardwood, making sure they are 1 inch larger than each side panel on the crib itself because you will need to screw them into place after they are cut out. Hence, they fit snugly with the sides of the crib frame and do not move around too much. At the same time, your daughter uses it as her bedroom desk!
- Screw all four pieces together using at least eight screws per side panel if possible. This will help keep everything secure so that you don’t have any wobbling while your daughter uses it as her desk!
How To Transition From Crib To Floor Bed?
If you have a crib but want to transition your baby to a larger bed, there are several things you can do. Here’s how to do it:
- Make sure the mattress is at least 2 inches thick. To be safe, make sure it’s at least 5 inches thick. If you don’t have a thick enough mattress, you might want to buy one!
- Make sure there are no gaps between the crib and the wall where your baby will be sleeping (for example, if they lean too far out of the crib). Make sure there are no gaps between the crib and the floor.
- Make sure there are no cords or objects that could get caught under your baby’s head when they sleep in their crib-to-floor bed.
- Make sure your baby’s toys are put away in their room, so they don’t get tangled up with these items while they sleep on the floor or in their new bed!
How To Turn A Convertible Crib Into A Bed?
- Take the crib and turn it upside down.
- Remove the crib’s frame and remove the slats attached to it.
- Attach a headboard to the top of your crib using wood screws or nails, depending on what kind of wood you use in your headboard.
- Fasten the slats of your crib together using wood screws or nails, depending on what kind of wood you use in your slats.
- Attach the piece of wood that you have used as a headboard to your crib using wood screws or nails, depending on what kind of wood you have used in your piece of wood as a headboard.
How To Turn A Crib Into A Bed?
How To Convert Crib Into Bed:
Turn your crib into a bed with these easy steps:
Step 1: Remove the crib mattress and frame. Remove the frame and mattress from the crib.
Step 2: Remove any plastic covering or padding on the rail.
Step 3: Measure your mattress and cut it to size. If you have a box spring, measure it as well.
Step 4: Drill holes into your mattress and box spring with a drill bit slightly smaller than your mattress’s width.
Step 5: Insert screws through each hole in your mattress into each screw point in your box spring or crib rail.
Step 6: Put your bed together!
Can You Turn A Regular Crib Into A Toddler Bed?
Yes, you can. You can do many crib-to-bed conversions to make your life easier. A crib to toddler bed conversion will help you save money, time, and a lot of back pain from carrying your sleeping child from the bedroom to the living room every night.
Read More Like This:
The Verdict: How To Turn A Crib Into A Floor Bed?
So, you have a crib, and your child is too big to use it. It could be time to turn it into a floor bed. We hope this blog post has helped you turn your crib into a floor bed.
Please contact us anytime! If you have any other questions or concerns about your any baby topic related confusion. Thank you for reading. We are always excited when one of our posts can provide helpful information on a topic like this!