Do you have Simmons Monterey Crib and want to convert it into a toddler bed? If yes, then this crib conversion to toddler bed instructions will help you convert your crib in no time.
Before you start the conversion of your crib, it’s essential to be familiar with some tools that you need and some safety precautions that you need to take before you start working on the conversion process.
And don’t forget to measure out your crib thoroughly so the new mattress will fit perfectly in your converted crib. Read on how to convert simmons monterey crib to toddler bed!
How To Convert Simmons Monterey Crib To Toddler Bed?
Simmons Monterey cribs are an excellent option for parents who want to save money on their children’s furniture and still get a safe and sturdy product. However, if you’re looking to convert your Monterey crib into a toddler bed, make sure you follow these steps:
- Remove the crib from the room you wish to convert into a toddler bed.
- Use a saw to cut through the top rail of the crib, which should be bolted to the frame.
- Remove any hardware from the crib’s frame and discard it in a safe place.
- Use a drill to create a small hole for screws at each end of the top rails and screw them into place using screws provided with your kit (or any screws that are appropriate for your project).
- If you have not purchased any additional hardware for this project, attach two safety bars at each end of your converted toddler bed frame and secure them with bolts that are provided with your kit (or any bolts that are appropriate for your project).
- You should now have a completed toddler bed!
How To Convert Simmons Crib To Full Size Bed?
- Remove the mattress and box spring from the crib.
- Place the mattress on top of the box spring and secure it with a few staples or nails.
- Place the crib slats back and secure them with screws or brackets that fit into holes in each slat.
- Place your new full-size bed frame on top of the slats and secure them with screws or brackets that fit into holes in each slat.
- Add your finishing touches like curtains, pillows, bedding, etc., then you are done!
How To Convert Simmons Crib To Daybed?
Step 1: Remove the Simmons crib from the room you want to convert into a daybed.
Step 2: Measure your room and ensure it is at least 2 feet shorter than the height of your bed. This means that you will have extra space on either side of your bed, which will be used as storage space.
Step 3: Use brackets to attach the rails and legs to the crib’s frame. Depending on what is available in your home, you can use wood or metal brackets or buy them at a hardware store (make sure the Consumer Product Safety Commission has approved the bracketing).
Step 4: Attach storage drawers underneath each side of your bed frame so that they open outwards, like doors on a chest of drawers! If you don’t have any drawers, then use boxes instead! Please ensure they are level with each other so that everything fits nicely together when turned upside down onto its side; otherwise, things may fall out of place when you flip over into a sleeping position!
Step 5: Add hooks everywhere possible so you can hang sheets and blankets; this will help keep dust off the top sheet during cleaning.
Read More To Get Help:
The Verdict: How To Convert Simmons Monterey Crib To Toddler Bed?
The Simmons Monterey crib is a well-made, sturdy crib that your child will enjoy for a good portion of their childhood. It is a beautiful crib that will look great in your nursery, and your child will be comfortable in it for years. The Simmons Company makes a conversion kit that will turn the crib into a toddler bed.